Many of you have been asking me for a list of the major defenses to a claim for defamation. Well, without further ado, here they are:
- Discharge Of Official Duty.
- Judicial Proceedings.
- Legislative Proceedings.
- Other Official Proceedings.
- Proceedings Reviewable By Mandamus.
- Report Of Official Proceeding Or Complaint.
- Report Of Public Meeting.
- Common Interest.
- Special Relationship.
- Request For Information.
- Fair Comment.
I’m going to go through each of one of these defenses in upcoming posts. You definitely will not want to miss it.
If you liked this post please subscribe to the California Defamation Law Newsletter to receive a FREE copy of the "The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Defamation Law."